Amcom Telecommunications has secured a Au$9m deal to provide hosted cloud services to The University of Western Australia. The three-year contract utilises Amcom's Perth-based data centres to host dedicated cloud services for hundreds of the university's computer servers with over 400 terabytes of storage. Amcom is heavily …
BI = 0.68
According to http://www.blablameter.com/, Dr Mary Davies' comment rates at
"Bullshit Index :0.68
This reeks. I bet you're a PR-Expert, Politician, Consultant or Scientist. If there is a message, it's unlikely it will reach anyone."
(Though I had to fiddle and add a full stop in the interminable and-chain.)
I'll leave it as an exercise for the editor to feed the whole article into the meter.
I live and work in Perth. I use Amnet on a continual basis (retail subsidiary of Amcom fibre) and encourage my clients to use Amnet and Amcom where at all possible. They have an extremely professional operation that craps over the the mainstream Telstra/Optus/iinet/service providers.
I earn nothing from recommending them. It's just good business for me to have happy customers.
Despite the cloud hype, I'm sure UWA will get a good service though I'm a bit unclear about disaster recovery - i.e. geographical dispersement of cloud servers.
Always good to see Aussie stories on the ol rReg. Keep them coming!
P.S. Other news sources for this story said UWA still had in-house email. This is a lie. They have been using Google since the end of 2009
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about