Australia’s gaming industry may be rewarded with a more sophisticated classification system following a meeting with state and territory attorneys-generals today in Adelaide. The prolonged discussions over changes to gaming classification are causing agitation within the industry, which is forced to ban games tagged with a …
Great. I always enjoy Canberra's (locally) liberal politics. Laws regarding sex (porn , and prostitution), drugs (de-legalised, like a $100 speeding fine, for up to 25g), and fireworks (able to be bought over the Queen's Birthday weekend) are already very different across the border. We can add computer games to the list.
Unlike the above, I guess that the supply of adult computer games won't be classified as "light industry" (so isolated to particular areas out of town).
why government censorship
why? it's NOT their business.
Finally we're starting to see some sense from politicians. The MA15 limit has been not only limiting the games we legally can buy, but has also been pushing some games down into the MA15 category when they should really have been 18+ (GTA4 for example - WTF happened there?).
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass