Managing software licensing has to be one of the least fun aspects of an IT professional’s life. For one thing, it is medically proven* that there is no better means of inducing a headache than trying to read the whole of a software licence. And that is before you get to the logistics of managing the things: making sure they are …
Less of a headache with open source
As the title says.
Yeah, but then you have to manage open source.
Out of the frying pan, and into the fire...
Less of a headache?
How is "I own this software and have a license to run it on X number of PCs from now on until the world stops turning" more of a headache than "did I pay the rent on the software this month?" Or even better, "what's the rental pcm going to be THIS financial year?"
Somehow I suspect that there is still going to be a hefty tome of EULA to read through, whether you own the disks or are dependant on someone else's servers not fucking up that day.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware