The cargo bay doors on space shuttle Atlantis have been closed ahead of a planned return to Kennedy Space Center this morning. The wake-up call for the emotional last day of the space shuttle programme was God Bless America, interpreted by Kate Smith and dedicated to all those who'd contributed over the last 30 years. Commander …
"God Bless America"
Then a Reaper Drone collides with it on the way down.
"Thank you to America for supporting this programme"
That statement made me laugh quite hard!
If America was supporting the program, NASA astronauts wouldnt be making their trips to the ISS in Soyuz capusles for the foreseeable future...
Oh my Gawd!
I would have preferred the Jimi Hendrix interpretation of "The Star-Spangled Banner"...
Warning: politicaly incorrect message follows
Meaning no disrespect to the legendary talents of Kate Smith, but:
NASA took "It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings." waay too literally!
At least the got the
right version for the song.
So I guess that Kasey Kasem was not available...
Maybe the music choice was unusually conservative. Perhaps it was appropriate for the Sunset of this Space Program of the 1970s...
Not the American national anthem but some hideously religious drivel?
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat