“The mark of a successful technology,” says Simon May, tech evangelist at Microsoft, “is that it vanishes.” By that measure, cloud computing has a way to go, as it is surely the most visible technology out there – if you are counting headlines, at least. So it is interesting to speculate when it will fade from our discussions, …
I'm not worried
"Now we need to think of multiple cores – millions – in an optical gel providing free space interconnections between them. You could make something that is currently unimaginably powerful."
That's Greg Egan's Luminous, right?
Well, I actually expect Eric Drexler's Rod Logic to come online earlier. But it's gonna take some time ... maybe forever.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests