“The mark of a successful technology,” says Simon May, tech evangelist at Microsoft, “is that it vanishes.” By that measure, cloud computing has a way to go, as it is surely the most visible technology out there – if you are counting headlines, at least. So it is interesting to speculate when it will fade from our discussions, …
I'm not worried
"Now we need to think of multiple cores – millions – in an optical gel providing free space interconnections between them. You could make something that is currently unimaginably powerful."
That's Greg Egan's Luminous, right?
Well, I actually expect Eric Drexler's Rod Logic to come online earlier. But it's gonna take some time ... maybe forever.
- ASTEROID'S SHOCK DINO-KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great