One of Australia’s wealthiest dotcom entrepreneurs Graeme Wood has put some of his hard-earned into preserving native Tasmanian forest. In a bold environmental move, Wood has joined with Jan Cameron (founder of retail clothing outlet Kathmandu) to buy the struggling Gunns Triabunna native forest woodchip export mill in Tasmania …
One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treadle?
That'll be that eco-warrior Jan Cameron who has the basis of her wealth utilising cheap chinese labour and resources to sell cut-price, crap quality outdoor clothing into the market undercutting local businesses ? Yep right, she sure has amazing green credentials ....
Altruism is not dead. Yes this has been in the news here for a while in Oz. It looked like the woodchipping scumbags were going to win, but then out of the blue these two heroes rescued the situation.
We thank them.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids