One of Australia’s wealthiest dotcom entrepreneurs Graeme Wood has put some of his hard-earned into preserving native Tasmanian forest. In a bold environmental move, Wood has joined with Jan Cameron (founder of retail clothing outlet Kathmandu) to buy the struggling Gunns Triabunna native forest woodchip export mill in Tasmania …
One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treadle?
That'll be that eco-warrior Jan Cameron who has the basis of her wealth utilising cheap chinese labour and resources to sell cut-price, crap quality outdoor clothing into the market undercutting local businesses ? Yep right, she sure has amazing green credentials ....
Altruism is not dead. Yes this has been in the news here for a while in Oz. It looked like the woodchipping scumbags were going to win, but then out of the blue these two heroes rescued the situation.
We thank them.
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad