One of Australia’s wealthiest dotcom entrepreneurs Graeme Wood has put some of his hard-earned into preserving native Tasmanian forest. In a bold environmental move, Wood has joined with Jan Cameron (founder of retail clothing outlet Kathmandu) to buy the struggling Gunns Triabunna native forest woodchip export mill in Tasmania …
One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treadle?
That'll be that eco-warrior Jan Cameron who has the basis of her wealth utilising cheap chinese labour and resources to sell cut-price, crap quality outdoor clothing into the market undercutting local businesses ? Yep right, she sure has amazing green credentials ....
Altruism is not dead. Yes this has been in the news here for a while in Oz. It looked like the woodchipping scumbags were going to win, but then out of the blue these two heroes rescued the situation.
We thank them.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA lady: They eat less