Feeds

back to article Domain name claim teases Sony-MS partnership

Microsoft has allegedly registered "Microsoft-Sony.com" as well as "Sony-Microsoft.com" in a move that could mean the two giants are about to go into business together. Then again, it could all be a practical joke. Either way, the domains were registered this week and assigned to "Microsoft Corporation" sparking speculation …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Meh

Hmmmmm

Will the end result be a Blue Screen of Death in Kanji????

Anonymous Coward

Could be many a thing...

..in car entertainment, TV's, multi-media box....Sony and MS have their fingers in many a pie..

Anonymous Coward

Why choose

Why choose the LESSER of two evils - MicroSony, your maximum evil provider.

Joke

When it comes to MAXIMUM evil...

...MicroSony isn't a patch on Goople

Socronyft

My old Vaio had Windows and Office installed.

Yet I still can't get GT5 for my Xbox360. ;)

Common ground for the company?

Well they both hate users installing Linux beside their OSs.

Their internet products have been exploited security-wise.

Silver badge
Stop

Not likely

Aren't Sony just bringing out some Android pads?

Doesn't seem very likely.

Facepalm

"As for the Microsoft and Sony collaboration, I won't hold my breath."

Well, yeah, you wouldn't.

Mainly because you'd be talking about any number of Sony laptops running Windows.

Silver badge
Thumb Up

Meanwhile

the commenter calling himsefl "SteveBalmer" just had an aneurysm.

Alert

Soncroft?

Or maybe even Socroft?

For the "fenced or enclosed area", obviously.

FAIL

SonyEricsson

has net debt of €252m at the end of June. Prior to iPhone launch it had +€2.2Bn in the bank. SonyEricsson isn't long for this world if it keeps on trying to flog Android devices.

Right now Microsoft would look a very inviting partner to SE if Microsoft, as with Nokia, throws billions of dollars at SonyEricsson. SE are desperate for additional loans to keep them afloat, why go to a bank when you can go to Stevie B instead?

FAIL

OK then...

" Only way to beat the Wii U, you reckon?"

Given that the PS3, and even the Xbox have both vastly outperformed the Wii in terms of games this gen, I don't think either will have any trouble next gen.

Nintendo have a couple of well-trodden franchises and everything else is utter shit.

Gold badge
FAIL

"...both vastly outperformed the Wii in terms of games this gen..."

Bit of a shame when you look at it in terms of sales and bums on seats though.

While I am sure that console vendors love to have great content to crow about, I'm pretty sure that they'd happily forego it in exchange for a stonking increase in sales volume and a few more millions in the bank.

Devil

If it was a domain squat..

Who would get to take ownership of it after the court case - M$ or Sony? There's only one way to find out!

This topic is closed for new posts.