Even as reports put Chinese as the number two language of the Internet, behind only English, strict government control is reducing the number of Websites within China. With 457 million Internet users behind the Great Firewall, China’s online boom has matched its long economic boom; the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) …
China is the future...
"helping concentrate the market power of major hosts, in a country famous for using market control to favour insider capital."
corporate capitalism at its finest.
Merger of state and corporation.
That would be ironic.
...I've asked this before, but is this a story about China or the USA? Y'know, shutting down sites (even foreign ones) on a whim and without legal recourse?
It must be China! They're not demanding the extradition of foreign nationals for running a web site.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack