Even as reports put Chinese as the number two language of the Internet, behind only English, strict government control is reducing the number of Websites within China. With 457 million Internet users behind the Great Firewall, China’s online boom has matched its long economic boom; the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) …
China is the future...
"helping concentrate the market power of major hosts, in a country famous for using market control to favour insider capital."
corporate capitalism at its finest.
Merger of state and corporation.
That would be ironic.
...I've asked this before, but is this a story about China or the USA? Y'know, shutting down sites (even foreign ones) on a whim and without legal recourse?
It must be China! They're not demanding the extradition of foreign nationals for running a web site.
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp