Sega's forum remains offline almost a month after its forums and other sites were hit by hacktivists. Hackers broke into Sega's systems and made off with user registration details, email addresses, birth dates and encrypted passwords of around 1.3 million users last month. No financial data was exposed by the hack, which was …
I guess they've figured it out
The only 100% safe forum is one that's not on the web...
offline it is not safe either
On an offline forum it is even easier to listen in to private conversation or nick the wallet of people.
Sega aren't a "rival gaming firm", they haven't made a console since the Dreamcast you know.
Sega publish shitloads of games on Sony boxes, not something a "rival" tends to do.
Not to mention the PC
I got the email from Sega saying that their forums had been compromised ages ago but I couldn't for the life of me think of any Sega games I owned or why I would be signed up to a Sega forum... then I launched one of the Total War games and went "aaaah".
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...