In February 2010, Dell shelled out an undisclosed sum for Kace Networks, a vendor of server appliances to rather big companies. Today, the Kace systems management appliance division of Dell set its sights on much smaller businesses with an asset management appliance called the M300. The company hopes the pricey appliance will …
asset management appliance
When I worked for a small company managing about 100 PCs and 7 or 8 servers you'd have a snowball's chance in hell of buying a "asset management appliance". For one thing there was little enough money for PCs and servers there just wasn't the budget for it. Second it's an overhead for a small network that's very hard to justify. SMEs are anything but bottomless bits of money.
Or many alternatives...
Use Spiceworks? Or many many many other tools...
$2500 you are having a laugh for a 200 device limit in the SMB sector??!!
Glad I didn't waste my time at a local Dell event that was featuring KACE...
- Oh noes, fanbois! iPhone 6 Plus shipments 'DELAYED' in the UK
- The sound of silence: One excited atom is so quiet that the human ear cannot detect it
- Bloat-free, unlocked Moto X to be dubbed 'Pure Edition', says report
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way