McAfee has decided that it needs two presidents – namely Michael DeCesare and Todd Gebhert – to replace David DeWalt, who is quitting the firm. The Intel-owned vendor said it is creating an office of the president for the duo, who will report to Renee James, senior veep and GM at Chipzilla and chairman of McAfee. In a blurb …
I believe Ms James would object to being called chairman (although she obviously has the balls for the job)...
> I believe Ms James would object to being called chairman
a) It's how she's described in official McAfee press releases
b) The fact that the word ends in the three letters 'm', 'a' and 'n' has no connection with the sex of the person holding the office. She would be correctly addressed as Madam Chairman.
2 for 1?
No surprise, it's the same logic they've been applying to the software. Bloated software from a bloated company. Maybe when they see their internal processes slowing down to a crawl they'll begin to appreciate the problems their users have.
Typical McAfee. Instead of finding the root cause of the false positive thrown up when identifying a president they're just working around it......
: "I'll be leaving McAfee in great hands"
Four of them, to be precise.
Two for the price of one
That's great for McAfee.
The opposite applied to my renewal - I paid for two years and got none.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA