McAfee has decided that it needs two presidents – namely Michael DeCesare and Todd Gebhert – to replace David DeWalt, who is quitting the firm. The Intel-owned vendor said it is creating an office of the president for the duo, who will report to Renee James, senior veep and GM at Chipzilla and chairman of McAfee. In a blurb …
I believe Ms James would object to being called chairman (although she obviously has the balls for the job)...
> I believe Ms James would object to being called chairman
a) It's how she's described in official McAfee press releases
b) The fact that the word ends in the three letters 'm', 'a' and 'n' has no connection with the sex of the person holding the office. She would be correctly addressed as Madam Chairman.
2 for 1?
No surprise, it's the same logic they've been applying to the software. Bloated software from a bloated company. Maybe when they see their internal processes slowing down to a crawl they'll begin to appreciate the problems their users have.
Typical McAfee. Instead of finding the root cause of the false positive thrown up when identifying a president they're just working around it......
: "I'll be leaving McAfee in great hands"
Four of them, to be precise.
Two for the price of one
That's great for McAfee.
The opposite applied to my renewal - I paid for two years and got none.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...