Given that the IT business swallows nearly three percent of Australia’s power output, it’s hardly surprising that the industry is viewing the country’s coming carbon tax with some trepidation. All IT users should at very least count up their kilowatt-hours and look at actually using the power-saving technologies that come free …
On the plus side, the land of Oz is blessed with plentiful sunshine; Get busy with those massive solar farms, and we'll be moving stuff you, rather than the other way round. Even if you did coal-fire it for the nightshift.
Problem = opportunity, an' all that.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Review iPhone 6: Hey, looking good slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia