Given that the IT business swallows nearly three percent of Australia’s power output, it’s hardly surprising that the industry is viewing the country’s coming carbon tax with some trepidation. All IT users should at very least count up their kilowatt-hours and look at actually using the power-saving technologies that come free …
On the plus side, the land of Oz is blessed with plentiful sunshine; Get busy with those massive solar farms, and we'll be moving stuff you, rather than the other way round. Even if you did coal-fire it for the nightshift.
Problem = opportunity, an' all that.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders