Given that the IT business swallows nearly three percent of Australia’s power output, it’s hardly surprising that the industry is viewing the country’s coming carbon tax with some trepidation. All IT users should at very least count up their kilowatt-hours and look at actually using the power-saving technologies that come free …
On the plus side, the land of Oz is blessed with plentiful sunshine; Get busy with those massive solar farms, and we'll be moving stuff you, rather than the other way round. Even if you did coal-fire it for the nightshift.
Problem = opportunity, an' all that.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON