Given that the IT business swallows nearly three percent of Australia’s power output, it’s hardly surprising that the industry is viewing the country’s coming carbon tax with some trepidation. All IT users should at very least count up their kilowatt-hours and look at actually using the power-saving technologies that come free …
On the plus side, the land of Oz is blessed with plentiful sunshine; Get busy with those massive solar farms, and we'll be moving stuff you, rather than the other way round. Even if you did coal-fire it for the nightshift.
Problem = opportunity, an' all that.
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' site Ello: There's a REASON we're still in beta. SPAMMERS!
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Shellshock: 'Larger scale attack' on its way, warn securo-bods