Cisco may fire up to 5,000 staff this August under a restructuring plan, according to analyst Brian Marshall at Gleacher and Co. This equates to 7 per cent of the networking Goliath's global base of employees, which stood at more than 73,000 in April. "While this is a difficult decision to make, in our view it is required in …
Analysts need to shed at least 5000 staff
100% would be better, obviously.
so, if Thierry Drilhon leaves, how much money does he walk away with and does that have anything to do with 5000 job loses?
If you've ever bought a BASE Cisco license you'll know how featureless it is. It's about as useful as your typical Home ADSL router, but costs a magnitude more.
The word on linkedin is that it's closer to 10,000 getting the can. Any word on this el reg?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad