World+Dog prefers wedged-in earphones - 70 per cent of the headphone market, apparently - so posh audio kit maker Bowers & Wilkins has come up with a pair. B&W C5 Enter the C5 - hopefully not named after Sir Clive Sinclair's heroically ridiculous electric car thing - a pair of noise-isolating 'phones with a clever band that …
Is it just me..?
... but every time I hear the name "Bowers & Wilkins" (rather than "B&W" as they used to be) it evokes those companies that advertise in the low-rent section of newspapers flogging household goods you don't really need, on a buy-two-and-get-a-free-pair-of-stylish-slacks basis. Shame, because I simply can't get beyond this image, and know they're better than that!
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…