The Hudson open-source project that Oracle recently surrendered to Eclipse is getting a little more community competition. Platform-as-a-service startup CloudBees has announced the availability of a CloudBees Eclipse toolkit plug-in for Java developers. The CloudBees service includes the open source continuous integration server …
In other news.
Everybody already moved to Jenkins.
Possibility of a future merger?
About as likely as Apple allowing you to run Mac OS on a PC.
They will merge
When Ellison learn how to treat open source with respect.
Ellison learning open source
So you'll be opening flying pig business? May I ask when?
to the nonsense around OOo & LibreOffice. There's a fork - it has massive community support. Oracle say nothing. Then they say its going open source. So they specifically *don't* join the project with community backing. It so seems like spoiling tactics, a poor attempt at "divide & rule" etc. but that's the way LPOD rolls. Perhaps LPOD & Ballmer are very much in love, & Larry being nice to FLOSS upsets little Stevie.
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?