The Hudson open-source project that Oracle recently surrendered to Eclipse is getting a little more community competition. Platform-as-a-service startup CloudBees has announced the availability of a CloudBees Eclipse toolkit plug-in for Java developers. The CloudBees service includes the open source continuous integration server …
In other news.
Everybody already moved to Jenkins.
Possibility of a future merger?
About as likely as Apple allowing you to run Mac OS on a PC.
They will merge
When Ellison learn how to treat open source with respect.
Ellison learning open source
So you'll be opening flying pig business? May I ask when?
to the nonsense around OOo & LibreOffice. There's a fork - it has massive community support. Oracle say nothing. Then they say its going open source. So they specifically *don't* join the project with community backing. It so seems like spoiling tactics, a poor attempt at "divide & rule" etc. but that's the way LPOD rolls. Perhaps LPOD & Ballmer are very much in love, & Larry being nice to FLOSS upsets little Stevie.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...
- Vid Mysterious BEAM outside London Googleplex ZAPPED