Toshiba is setting up development centres in Ome, Tokyo, to research advanced disk drive technology and hopefully increase disk drive capacities. One is an HDD Advanced Technology Centre looking at speeding up the development of higher areal density technology. The other is an HDD Manufacturing Technology Centre, and it will …
I'm hoping that Toshiba, Seagate and WD will be interested in developing ultra-high-performance, parallel-transfer, fault-tolerant HDDs that would use a two-dimensional Reed-Solomon (2D-RS) error correction system as explained at www.tinyurl.com/2drshdds.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph