Toshiba is setting up development centres in Ome, Tokyo, to research advanced disk drive technology and hopefully increase disk drive capacities. One is an HDD Advanced Technology Centre looking at speeding up the development of higher areal density technology. The other is an HDD Manufacturing Technology Centre, and it will …
I'm hoping that Toshiba, Seagate and WD will be interested in developing ultra-high-performance, parallel-transfer, fault-tolerant HDDs that would use a two-dimensional Reed-Solomon (2D-RS) error correction system as explained at www.tinyurl.com/2drshdds.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro