While Samsung has been busy unveiling handsets in Sweden, Orange has revealed a budget Android smartphone named after its capital city, as well a couple of others also named after places in Europe. The Orange Stockholm runs Android 2.2 Froyo. It includes a 2.8in capacitive touchscreen and 3.2Mp camera, as well as an FM radio, an …
Good for Orange. Someone has to help bring up the back end! Who knows... there could be a load of cash hidden in that end of the market too.
Brings the phones into a might-buy-for-a-birthday-present area. Although a bit nervous about this mention of Orange Maps?
...at first you feel like a hostage, but eventually you grow to love it
Custom ROMs, for pure Android, get rid of operator guff
Head on down to your favourite custom ROMs site sooner or later and they'll have a version for these bargain handsets, getting rid of operator bloatware, as demonstrated before with the Orange San Francisco / ZTE Blade.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- Vulture at the Wheel Renault Twingo: Small, sporty(ish), safe ... and it's a BACK-ENDER
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'