back to article Mexican narco attempts suitcase jailbreak

A member of Mexico's Sinaloa drug cartel looks likely to be serving at least part of his 20-year jail sentence with his girlfriend, after she unsuccessfully attempted to smuggle him out of chokey in a suitcase. Juan Ramírez Tijerina's squeeze, María del Mar Arjona Rivero, paid him a visit last Saturday at the Centro de …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Coat

baggage?

baggage?! we don't need no steenkin' baggage

Silver badge

Honestly...

Why on earth let anyone take something into a prison visit which isn't directly required for the visit, i.e. the clothes you are wearing - that is all

Silver badge

nose Ajax?

looking forward to nose C++ and perhaps saturday nite nose Ruby outside the chippy.

Facepalm

...wrong Ajax

I do believe he was referring to Ajax the cleaning product, rather than Ajax the loose collection of godawful technologies half-baked into various browsers...

FAIL

Missed the point

U not see the joke? Plainly not......

Thumb Up

Jail Cell Combination

12345 perhaps?

Windows

"appears to be an open and shut..."

Yeah, Lester you can finish the sentence....

Thanks to You and Andrew O., that's the second time I've had to change my jeans in a hurry this week.. Bastards :-)

Trollface

Had they been really clever

They would have confiscated the suitcase and put it somewhere safe for a few hours before inspecting it.

That might make him think twice about trying to escape.

Or would that be cruel and unusual punishment? And would anyone in Mexico care?

Anonymous Coward

"hey, it was flagged up as a stolen bag in our system

so we packed it back to Europe on the highest-altitude flight possible with an unpressurised luggage bay.

How were we supposed to know that it contained an inmate?!"

Anonymous Coward

Pressurisation

Sorry to be a pedant, but all cargo compartments are located within the pressure hull as a matter of certification on every pressurised civil aircraft in existence.

pic

C'mon El Reg, if any, this story deserves a pic embedded in it.

Thumb Down

RTFA

That is all.......

Thumb Up

Behind the paywall?

It was on this AM's hardcopy WSJ, but a search of the on-line version shows nada thing.

Ah well: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/05/mexican-criminal-packed-too-much

Silver badge

Bagged!?

That isn't very smart. Hasn't he seen the American Tourister commercials from the 70s and 80s? Perhaps he isn't old enough but surely he must know the odds of being checked through to Antarctica are pretty high.

Joke

"bribing [...] prison officers."

Guess he was late with this month's?

Anonymous Coward

"intoxicating liquor"

...yes, but who controls the non-intoxicating liquor?

And as far as 'bribing prison officers' .... well, apparently, bribing them *inadequately*.

Silver badge
Coat

OTOH...

Why let a good revenue stream escape?

Yes, the bulky coat. No, that's not my bag.

Silver badge
Coat

Dirty underwear?

Was it a conjugal visit?

Mine's the one with the suspenders in the pocket...

Facepalm

Next time...

...maybe she should pretend to be pregnant. I'll leave that one to your imagination.

Facepalm

Well, if indications are correct...

...it looks like the TSA will be checking up there for explosives anyway. No reason not to have a look-see at the prison gates, surely?

Strong lass

if she was really carrying him out.

Bronze badge
Joke

And she nearly pulled off a...

...Cunning Stunt !

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums