HP has only just announced its TouchPad tablet - which isn't even shipping in the UK yet - but it's already gearing up to release an upgraded version, it seems. According to slides allegedly leaked from an HP presentation, the WebOS-based fondleslab will gain 64GB of storage and an unspecified "processor bump" in August, …
Oh, so they can read then?
I suspect they have read all the adverse reviews and remarks from commentards like me, who feel let down by the first doorstop.
What I want in a tablet
Dual Core Processor
3G/4G down the road if I decide to set up a plan for it
USB ports for flash drives
Make it happen HP
Yes to all of that
I agree USB host is required for external HD.
But I also want USB client with bulk-storage mode so I can write to it from Linux.
And what about a cli I can ssh to?
And how about it becoming a second screen or graphics tablet when plugged into gnome/kde?
And better speakers as a given.
Nvidia Kal-el upgrade
This will be when Nvidia's Kal-el or Tegra 3 (to give it's estimated production name), becomes available. People should know that any Tegra 2 tablet they buy now will be out if date in a few months due to quad core Kal-el launching, come on Register, it's not a secret.
Tegra 2 has been out for quite a while now. Blame the manufacturers who took so long to use it that it is almost out of date right out of the gate.....
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan