Feeds

back to article HP plan for faster, 64GB TouchPad leaks out

HP has only just announced its TouchPad tablet - which isn't even shipping in the UK yet - but it's already gearing up to release an upgraded version, it seems. According to slides allegedly leaked from an HP presentation, the WebOS-based fondleslab will gain 64GB of storage and an unspecified "processor bump" in August, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Oh, so they can read then?

I suspect they have read all the adverse reviews and remarks from commentards like me, who feel let down by the first doorstop.

Bronze badge

What I want in a tablet

64 GB

Dual Core Processor

No Apple

WiFi

3G/4G down the road if I decide to set up a plan for it

USB ports for flash drives

Make it happen HP

Silver badge
Boffin

Yes to all of that

I agree USB host is required for external HD.

But I also want USB client with bulk-storage mode so I can write to it from Linux.

And what about a cli I can ssh to?

And how about it becoming a second screen or graphics tablet when plugged into gnome/kde?

And better speakers as a given.

Nvidia Kal-el upgrade

This will be when Nvidia's Kal-el or Tegra 3 (to give it's estimated production name), becomes available. People should know that any Tegra 2 tablet they buy now will be out if date in a few months due to quad core Kal-el launching, come on Register, it's not a secret.

Tegra 2 has been out for quite a while now. Blame the manufacturers who took so long to use it that it is almost out of date right out of the gate.....

This topic is closed for new posts.