HP has only just announced its TouchPad tablet - which isn't even shipping in the UK yet - but it's already gearing up to release an upgraded version, it seems. According to slides allegedly leaked from an HP presentation, the WebOS-based fondleslab will gain 64GB of storage and an unspecified "processor bump" in August, …
Oh, so they can read then?
I suspect they have read all the adverse reviews and remarks from commentards like me, who feel let down by the first doorstop.
What I want in a tablet
Dual Core Processor
3G/4G down the road if I decide to set up a plan for it
USB ports for flash drives
Make it happen HP
Yes to all of that
I agree USB host is required for external HD.
But I also want USB client with bulk-storage mode so I can write to it from Linux.
And what about a cli I can ssh to?
And how about it becoming a second screen or graphics tablet when plugged into gnome/kde?
And better speakers as a given.
Nvidia Kal-el upgrade
This will be when Nvidia's Kal-el or Tegra 3 (to give it's estimated production name), becomes available. People should know that any Tegra 2 tablet they buy now will be out if date in a few months due to quad core Kal-el launching, come on Register, it's not a secret.
Tegra 2 has been out for quite a while now. Blame the manufacturers who took so long to use it that it is almost out of date right out of the gate.....
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?