It was a telling omission when Oracle introduced a storage guy to talk about why Pillar Data was such a great acquisition. It wasn't Mike Workman, Pillar's CEO and founder, but Phil Bullinger, Oracle's SVP for Disk Storage. Contrast that with Dell parading Phil Soran, Compellent's CEO, when it bought that company, or HP showing …
Should'a bought BlueArc...
A good product is not enough
There are great products in the storage market but what fails to be acknowledged is the go to market strategy. Without an exceptional sales strategy and sale team, success doesn't happen even if your brand is EMC, HP or Oracle. When you look at EqualLogic, Compellent, and 3 PAR, they executed on the sales side and delivered a better product.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default