It was a telling omission when Oracle introduced a storage guy to talk about why Pillar Data was such a great acquisition. It wasn't Mike Workman, Pillar's CEO and founder, but Phil Bullinger, Oracle's SVP for Disk Storage. Contrast that with Dell parading Phil Soran, Compellent's CEO, when it bought that company, or HP showing …
Should'a bought BlueArc...
A good product is not enough
There are great products in the storage market but what fails to be acknowledged is the go to market strategy. Without an exceptional sales strategy and sale team, success doesn't happen even if your brand is EMC, HP or Oracle. When you look at EqualLogic, Compellent, and 3 PAR, they executed on the sales side and delivered a better product.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update