It was a telling omission when Oracle introduced a storage guy to talk about why Pillar Data was such a great acquisition. It wasn't Mike Workman, Pillar's CEO and founder, but Phil Bullinger, Oracle's SVP for Disk Storage. Contrast that with Dell parading Phil Soran, Compellent's CEO, when it bought that company, or HP showing …
Should'a bought BlueArc...
A good product is not enough
There are great products in the storage market but what fails to be acknowledged is the go to market strategy. Without an exceptional sales strategy and sale team, success doesn't happen even if your brand is EMC, HP or Oracle. When you look at EqualLogic, Compellent, and 3 PAR, they executed on the sales side and delivered a better product.
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK