It was a telling omission when Oracle introduced a storage guy to talk about why Pillar Data was such a great acquisition. It wasn't Mike Workman, Pillar's CEO and founder, but Phil Bullinger, Oracle's SVP for Disk Storage. Contrast that with Dell parading Phil Soran, Compellent's CEO, when it bought that company, or HP showing …
Should'a bought BlueArc...
A good product is not enough
There are great products in the storage market but what fails to be acknowledged is the go to market strategy. Without an exceptional sales strategy and sale team, success doesn't happen even if your brand is EMC, HP or Oracle. When you look at EqualLogic, Compellent, and 3 PAR, they executed on the sales side and delivered a better product.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great