Google now has 18 lobbying firms on its books, after it hired 12 more companies late last week to help fight a recent antitrust investigation kicked off by the US Federal Trade Commission. A Mountain View spokeswoman told Reuters on Friday that it had "a strong story to tell about our business" and said Google had "sought the …
They may not try hard for patents
But by Gad, do they ever understand how the US work.
Tie to FTC probe?
So far I see *nothing* tying this to the FTC probe other than journalists' assertions.
To me, it seems much more likely to be tied to the Nortel auction (and Google's general position in the patent wars). That's something lobbyists will be able to help.
(I'd love it if Google chose to "invest" 3.14 billion on getting software patents abolished and fixing other problems in the patent system...)
That sounds like an admission of guilt
If they weren't guilty, they wouldn't need lobbyists.
Are they going to change their logo......?
...from 'Don't be Evil' to 'OK, maybe do be Evil if it makes us lots of money, but hire lots of spin doctors to try to hide the evilness'.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs