You asked for a more accessible read-out of the reviews published by Reg Hardware - and you've now got it. Reg Hardware now sports a dedicated Reviews section. Take a look and you'll see we've pulled out the six most recent reviews in each of our product channels, complete with roll-over pop-ups giving you our verdict. Just …
This is great news. I quite often find someone asks me what I think about a piece of hardware, and I say "I've seen a review on the Register..." but then have a nightmare trying to find it again.
Nice little improvement.
I think the rating system needs the most work at the moment, the % thing doesn't really give a big enough scope in my opinion.
One little quibble - headphones
Could you please pick a category for earphones / headphones / headsets, and stick with it? Right now I see them under Gadgets, Handsets, and Peripherals. I appreciate that some have USB connectors and are therefore computer-only; but Bluetooth and 3.5mm jack connections can be connected to a number of devices. Thanks.
The Apps section is a bit weak....
... without a way to filter for OS/Platform, surely
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat