WiGig, the 60GHz wireless networking tech capable of delivering gigabit speeds, is to gain HDMI compatibility. The organisation behind the technology, the WiGig Alliance, last night announced the finalisation of the first release of its WiGig Bus Extension (WBE), a so-called "protocol adaption layer" that allows traffic from …
Seems a little bandwidth hungry
HDMI is uncompressed, video is easily compressed to n bandwidth levels with little or no artifacting (See Bluray as an example). So why hog all that bandwidth with uncompressed data?
multiple channels? lots of DRM?
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM