WiGig, the 60GHz wireless networking tech capable of delivering gigabit speeds, is to gain HDMI compatibility. The organisation behind the technology, the WiGig Alliance, last night announced the finalisation of the first release of its WiGig Bus Extension (WBE), a so-called "protocol adaption layer" that allows traffic from …
Seems a little bandwidth hungry
HDMI is uncompressed, video is easily compressed to n bandwidth levels with little or no artifacting (See Bluray as an example). So why hog all that bandwidth with uncompressed data?
multiple channels? lots of DRM?
- iPad? iFAD! NOW we know why Apple went running to IBM
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball