In art, a replicas does not have the same value as an original. But in computing, replicas are as perfect as the original if done fast enough. In a virtualised data centre where resources scale up and down according to demand, the failure of a storage array can drastically hinder responsiveness. Replication can protect you …
plus you can do it as a small guy too
If you are small fry and cannot afford huge arrays but want some kind of redundancy then openfiler will also mirror to another openfiler box. Very useful as we have 2 openfiler boxes is two different buildings for redundancy.
WTF was the point of this article?
Even replication 101 needs to mention the layer at which replication is done (application; database; file system; block level host; block level array). This article was very, very poor.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…