In art, a replicas does not have the same value as an original. But in computing, replicas are as perfect as the original if done fast enough. In a virtualised data centre where resources scale up and down according to demand, the failure of a storage array can drastically hinder responsiveness. Replication can protect you …
plus you can do it as a small guy too
If you are small fry and cannot afford huge arrays but want some kind of redundancy then openfiler will also mirror to another openfiler box. Very useful as we have 2 openfiler boxes is two different buildings for redundancy.
WTF was the point of this article?
Even replication 101 needs to mention the layer at which replication is done (application; database; file system; block level host; block level array). This article was very, very poor.
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Oh God the RUBBER on my SHAFT has gone wrong and is STICKING to things