Feeds

back to article Chinese gov demands less news in internet channels

The Chinese regulator has tightened guidelines for video services that get too close to reporting news, resulting in at least one service replacing its news channel with the more-usual internet inanity. The notice issued by the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT), explains that that the regulator intends …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Coat

Huh...

It's news to me.

Joke

Uh-hoh Silly season

The poor Chinese (well, the wealthy Chinese but poorly inspired?) might need to learn that press management is far better than press legislation.

A cup of bollinger on a private jet works far better than vague or precise legislation.

And in the UK add in the merest chance of a title

"You know I have tried very hard to put your name forward for a gong. It really has been very risky for me and then you go and spoil all my hard work with this comment/program here.

I, I, I really don't know what to do to recover where we were"

The West has been doing it for years - it works every time (but make sure you iz subtle good)

Happy

And here is the news sponsored by Grand Theft Auto....

Going off on a bit of a tangent here but why don't they try what their cousins across the water do and liven up the news with CGI animations like this epic Taiwanese depiction of Gordon Brown's allegedly violent rages that popped up last year....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxJoMIFDTSs

Amidst the chinese voiceover, LOL at 1:20.

I think we could do with some of that here. As a self-confessed news junkie I think it would be amazing!

This topic is closed for new posts.