Facebook's Open Compute Project, founded to open source the social media mogul's server and data center designs, has hosted its first meeting, previewing its next-generation server and storage iron. While a lot of companies give mere lip service to compute density and performance per watt, hyperscale web companies such as …
We're Facebook. We are trying to get people to take us seriously with our super-dooper server designs and by showing all you guys that we live in the past.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats