Facebook's Open Compute Project, founded to open source the social media mogul's server and data center designs, has hosted its first meeting, previewing its next-generation server and storage iron. While a lot of companies give mere lip service to compute density and performance per watt, hyperscale web companies such as …
We're Facebook. We are trying to get people to take us seriously with our super-dooper server designs and by showing all you guys that we live in the past.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates