You'd expect a major mobile phone seller to have a good understanding of the cost of using a smartphone when you travel abroad. Carphone Warhouse doesn't, if a press mailing designed to persuade hacks to encourage their readers to have a word with CW before travelling is anything to go by. Says the intro from CW's flacks: "Even …
depends what you mean
CW may be right in one sense ... EU have imposed caps on the per minute/text charges for roaming but I don't think they've imposed any cap on data charges - then EUR50 limit is a limit on the amount of cost you can accrue before thye have to check you want to pay for more however technically speaking this is not a cap on the actual data cost.
Re: depends what you mean
It is a data cap.
They can charge you no more than €50 unless you have another agreed maximum as of 1 April 2010.
They will text you when you approach your limit, but if you exceed that limit, they can't charge you more than €50. They may also block further access once you exceed your limit.
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64