You'd expect a major mobile phone seller to have a good understanding of the cost of using a smartphone when you travel abroad. Carphone Warhouse doesn't, if a press mailing designed to persuade hacks to encourage their readers to have a word with CW before travelling is anything to go by. Says the intro from CW's flacks: "Even …
depends what you mean
CW may be right in one sense ... EU have imposed caps on the per minute/text charges for roaming but I don't think they've imposed any cap on data charges - then EUR50 limit is a limit on the amount of cost you can accrue before thye have to check you want to pay for more however technically speaking this is not a cap on the actual data cost.
Re: depends what you mean
It is a data cap.
They can charge you no more than €50 unless you have another agreed maximum as of 1 April 2010.
They will text you when you approach your limit, but if you exceed that limit, they can't charge you more than €50. They may also block further access once you exceed your limit.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- iPad? iFAD! NOW we know why Apple went running to IBM
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball