back to article Court orders trader to repay customers after failure to deliver goods

A court has ordered an online trader to refund consumers to whom he failed to deliver goods or pay refunds, the UK's consumer protection regulator the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has said. Pavan Arora must payback customers who bought technology products via websites he operated, the Cardiff County Court ordered, according to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard Taylor 2
    Thumb Down

Why

should his be news? Any trader can be addressed in this way if they don't deliver. Am I missing something and this is novel?

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Holmes

Well, now you can google this trader.

Evident, right?

1. Richard Taylor 2
        Happy

Yup

I get that, very reasonable, But what about all of the other poor traders and why are they not listed under The Reg (Traders Register anyone?)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Devil

Have you tried to make trading standards/OFT do anything

I have. So as someone who has - this is news.

It would be nice if it was not.

2. zaax
    FAIL

Why is he still trading

Why are they allowing this conmemerchant to continue to trade?

1. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Maybe incompetence rather than deliberate bad faith

I assume that if he was found and shown to be running an online retail business not badly, but fraudulently, then we'd be reading that story, and we aren't. But, yeah, this isn't encouraging to future customers.

I assume that "accessibility" here means having a postal address and maybe telephone number on the web site, and not a disability thing, which does also matter.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Imcompetence?

Failure to meet delivery dates or even to completely deliver might be down to imcompetence. Failure to give refunds as required by distance selling laws however is a deliberate act. As such surely that is an offcence for which he can be prosecuted?

Taking money but failing to deliver at all is surely a breach of distance selling rules. As I understood it the law requires that transaction on the buyer's credit or debit car is not carried out until the goods are ready for despatch.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

OFT should go

Their accounts should have been frozen until all customers have been paid in full and compensated for any troubles....now that is how you set an example

1. Captain Scarlet
      Coffee/keyboard

Flaw in your plan

If his accounts are frozen how is he/she supposed to send refunds?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ordered to pay refunds...

... isn't the same as has paid refunds.

Surely the real story will be whether or not he complies with the order.

This topic is closed for new posts.