Two years ago, VMware boss Paul Maritz recruited a pair of Google infrastructure engineers to help build what would become Cloud Foundry, the company's open source answer to "platform clouds" such as Google App Engine and Microsoft Azure. At one point, Maritz asked the pair – Derek Collison and Mark Lucovsky – how many admins …
I would not be so sure about the Google "Ethos" here
In the specific case of Vmware it is likely to be one _BULGARIAN_ admin not 1 admin and 9 payroll ghosts as customary in countries with "cheap labour". You pay him more (actually more than the starting admin salary in the UK), but he does the job and knows how to say NO. It is actually "Ne, i zashto ne si e*** mamata".
At least that is what LinkedIn shows when you start trawling it for "Vmware" and "Admin".
So, on the overall, I would not be so sure about the Google "Ethos". Orbitel, Spectrum, Citron, etc ehtos - maybe. Google, ... loking at the actual staff members... - Do not think so.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'