The pop-science vision of clothing that generates electrical culture has moved a step closer. Research at RMIT University and the Australian National University on thin-film piezo-electrics could help open the door to materials that recharge small devices like mobile phones from someone using the keyboard. The study, published …
RMIT; Doing what they do best.
Funk not only moves, it can re-move, dig?
If you get enough charge out of moving your fingers, imagine what current you'd get out of moving your booty! The article's right - it's like something out of science fiction. To be exact, it's like something off the back cover of "Mothership Connection" or other P-Funk albums.
We may not get any flying cars. But a future I can dance to? I can live with that.
Modern touch phones don't have keyboards (bar a handful of models)
Wots "electrical culture" then?
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning