Tape lives - Quantum has won HP as an OEM for its high-end Scalar i6000 tape library. The i6000 isn't as high-end as IBM's TS3500, Oracle's StreamLine 8500 or Spectra's T-Finity, only having 5,332 tape cartridge slots. If you think that's a lot, contrast it with the 8500's 10,088 in a single system and the T-Finity's 30,000 plus …
Tapes keep rollin'
OEM again ?
Has Hurd thinned the Herd (HP engineering) so much that they can't design anything decent on their own ? I guess buying is much cheaper than making. And they will make their money in services and stuff.
Was OEM already
This new OEM library is merely replacing the existing OEM library so no change there at all. HP still design and manufacture their own drives, and even some of the technology for the robot I think.
HP and Tape
HP have OEM's all of their tape solutions in the last few years.
This is being marketed as the ESL G3 library by the looks of it to replace the ESL E-Series.
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO
- Banking apps: Handy, can grab all your money... and RIDDLED with coding flaws