The European Space Agency yesterday sent its space truck Johannes Kepler to a fiery death over the South Pacific in a perfectly-executed "destructive re-entry" at the end of the spacecraft's four-month mission to the International Space Station. ESA's second Automated Transfer Vehicle (ATV-2) plunged into Earth's atmosphere …
Feels like a waste to me.
Storage etc etc Extra bedrooms .....
Although I understand the reasons behind the decision to destroy the JK on re-entry, it is a pity - it would be useful to try to recover some of this hardware. If nothing else, it could act as a static feature to encourage people to get more interested in space flight.
Pictures would have been nice...
Stop using the south pacific as garbage dump!
Oi! You lot up in the northern hemisphere! Stop using OUR oceans as a dump for your crap! Either develop a better way for dealing with your garbage, or drop the bloody things in your oceans for a change.
The space truck looked like that classic rock LP cover for a while
west of Chile could have been close to the former French Polynesia. Or is la belle still an empire ?
AND Kepler WAS an unburnt medieval math genius till now.
Space exploration. The ultimate in throw-away consumption, no ?
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests