European Commissioner Viviane Reding has warned banks that they will be required to notify customers about data security breaches. A new bill which is expected to arrive in the autumn will be "very solid on rules", the Brussels Justice Minister and vice president of the European Commission told The Register yesterday. Earlier …
Chocolate teapot gets more power!
Now it just needs more political support, political courage, legal powers, financial resources, human resources and maybe, just maybe, the UK might end up with a functioning information commissioner.
What about governments? As their battle ships seem to be leaky too.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…