European Commissioner Viviane Reding has warned banks that they will be required to notify customers about data security breaches. A new bill which is expected to arrive in the autumn will be "very solid on rules", the Brussels Justice Minister and vice president of the European Commission told The Register yesterday. Earlier …
Chocolate teapot gets more power!
Now it just needs more political support, political courage, legal powers, financial resources, human resources and maybe, just maybe, the UK might end up with a functioning information commissioner.
What about governments? As their battle ships seem to be leaky too.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED