European Commissioner Viviane Reding has warned banks that they will be required to notify customers about data security breaches. A new bill which is expected to arrive in the autumn will be "very solid on rules", the Brussels Justice Minister and vice president of the European Commission told The Register yesterday. Earlier …
Chocolate teapot gets more power!
Now it just needs more political support, political courage, legal powers, financial resources, human resources and maybe, just maybe, the UK might end up with a functioning information commissioner.
What about governments? As their battle ships seem to be leaky too.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip