back to article Apple MacBook Air reportedly back... in black

An interesting snippet of recent Mac history: Apple experimented with a black coating for the MacBook Air, which, according to current whispers, may be made available in that colour when it's refreshed shortly. According to an alleged Apple employee corresponding with MacRumors, CEO Steve Jobs said no to a black Air after trial …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Woof woof!

The post is required, and must contain letters.

Thumb Up

like, wow!

Oh, i am just so excited!!!! oh how fab, a laptop in black, the shock, the cutting-edgeness of it. Apple are really pushing the boundaries, why isn't this news the headline on all newspapers in the world?!?!? oh getting so excited I am hyperventilating, must start forming a queue outside a mac store now. pant, pant, pant ..... faint.

<end of sarcasm>

Big Brother

You're not interested?

Why did you read the article then?! Because your time is worth nothing, I guess.

Gold badge
Coat

Stevie didn't like black?

Further to earlier discussions, I take this as conclusive proof that he is *not* a ninja.

news

How exactly is this newsworthy? Do we really need constant updates on the colours apple MIGHT be using for it's laptops?

Frankly, I now feel soiled as a result of having acknowledged the existence of this non-article.

Trollface

@Peter48

Begs the question, if a black MacBook Air is of no interest to you.. what the heck are you doing here???

Troll.. because.. well.. you are one.

Anonymous Coward

Coloured anodizing

Does anyone know how the aluminium on the macs is finished now? I'd be surprised if it's not anodized - and if it is then all sorts of colours are possible.

Actually, they've already done this with the iPod Nanos

Thumb Down

Joy

So glad El Reg is now spamming us with Apple rumours because there are so few other sites doing that at the moment.

No seriously, this site was a breath of fresh air in the way it did not succumb to jumping on the Apple rumour bandwagon, looks like those days are over.

(Written by Reg staff)

Re: Joy

People want to read it, we're going to write it.

Joke

but how do you know..

..that people want to read it before you write it?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums