Feeds

back to article New Cassini pics of Saturnian 'Ice Queen' Helene

NASA has released new pictures taken by the space probe Cassini in orbit around Saturn, ringed titan of the Outer System. The pictures show the small trojan ice moon Helene in close up. Ice moon Helene imaged by the Cassini probe on June 18, 2011. Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/Space Science Institute Interesting, but not enough to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Alien

Wow

And wow.

WTF?

ringed titan of the Outer System

A confusing phrase, given the idiosyncratic capitalisation, and the fact that Titan is Saturn's largest moon, but I figured it out eventually.

WTF?

Reg Units

When did the Wales get replaced by the Rutland as the preferred unit of measure?

Bronze badge

Rutland Unit of Measure

For the reader hailing from the US, Rutland is about the size of Texas but not quite as large.

Happy

for me the questions are

Who has been to Rutland, or knows where it is, never mind how big it is as a fraction of the size of Wales

Silver badge
Boffin

Rutland vs Wales

Rutland is considerably smaller than Wales, making it a much more appropriate unit for certain measurements. FYI Rutland is 382 square km or roughly 0.0184 Wales.

Bronze badge
Headmaster

Units

You might have mentioned "miliHelens." as the measure of beauty necessary to launch single ships.

Silver badge

Re: Appropriate Name

I seem to remember reading in a deGrasse Tyson book that all the planets were named this way - the planet itself after the Roman god, and the moons after the children of their equivalent in the Greek pantheon. Or something like that...

Paris Hilton

Rutland ....

... Mamograms!

Anon for once because even I think it's sad ....

Boffin

Mmmm, Tasty

I'd like to git me a bite of that there space-turnip

"Diminutive moonlet"

Sounds like a good name for a racehorse.

Paris Hilton

actually she's a

Thai prostitute

Silver badge
Thumb Up

Yay for science!

Yay !!

Go

I for one

Would like to see this giant ice cube inserted roughly into Rutland. Probably the best thing that would ever happen to the place.

I thank you.

Go

We live in an awesome age

when we get to see the heavens like this. Hauntingly beautiful (along with that walnut-moon, whose name escapes me currently). Oh, to be able to explore it personally!

Thumb Up

Yup

Science is damn good stuff.

This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.