Sony is planning to bring Skype to PlayStation Vita, according to photos leaked online. Shots of a Sony presentation in Sao Paulo, Brazil, were upped by GameGeneration and appear to show the Skype logo alongside various expected Vita features, including PSN, Wi-Fi and DLNA. Skype on Vita Source: GameGeneration A Skype …
my precioussss titleses
"will continue to invest in and support Skype clients on non-Microsoft platforms"
You mean like they did with Skype for Asterisk?
Nothing to do with Microsoft that one
Skype have been dropping third party clients for a while now. Fring went almost a year ago and Nimbuzz went in October, was obvious Asterisk would follow once the contract expired.
Was all down to ad revenue, Skype dont want 3rd party clients using their network as they dont get money from them.
"MS will continue to invest in and support Skype clients on non-Microsoft platforms"
They already broke that promise by pulling the licensed Skype trunk from Asterisk PBX before the ink had dried on the press release.
What promise in particular ?
Did they specify ALL non-Microsoft platforms? Did they specify any in particular ?
Seems to me they can drop support for any/all non-Microsoft platforms bar any one that they choose to keep, and they can still claim to have upheld their promise. <shrug>
A clear case of wishful thinking endowing a vague statement with more meaning than it actually contained upon objective scrutiny.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe