Orange has once again dived into this year's festival season with a nifty eco-product for charging mobile devices – a T-shirt that uses sound energy to produce an electrical charge. The shirt packs an A4-sized piezoelectric film, a material that has found a use in speakers. By reversing this application so that the film behaves …
Orange releases its annual Glasto publicity bumph.
The fourth estate admirably fulfills its duties by publishing it. For free. Everywhere. Like an actual piece of news.
And people say the media is dumbing down.
More greenwashing junk to leach chemicals into landfill
Let's see _just_ how much more Chinese-made plastic junk can we put into landfill? Take this down to your local council depot to witness the short puzzled expression as they briefly wonder how this can be recycled....just before they fling it into the landfill skip.
Just recharge your phone using the power socket on the train / your car's ciggie lighter (the 'leccy is virtually carbon neutral, as the vehicles generate it anyway and turn that crazy retina-searing 3-4" screen down to 50% brightness, and be done with it.
Abstinence from consuming is far better than needing to recycle.
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of vast BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan