Orange has once again dived into this year's festival season with a nifty eco-product for charging mobile devices – a T-shirt that uses sound energy to produce an electrical charge. The shirt packs an A4-sized piezoelectric film, a material that has found a use in speakers. By reversing this application so that the film behaves …
Orange releases its annual Glasto publicity bumph.
The fourth estate admirably fulfills its duties by publishing it. For free. Everywhere. Like an actual piece of news.
And people say the media is dumbing down.
More greenwashing junk to leach chemicals into landfill
Let's see _just_ how much more Chinese-made plastic junk can we put into landfill? Take this down to your local council depot to witness the short puzzled expression as they briefly wonder how this can be recycled....just before they fling it into the landfill skip.
Just recharge your phone using the power socket on the train / your car's ciggie lighter (the 'leccy is virtually carbon neutral, as the vehicles generate it anyway and turn that crazy retina-searing 3-4" screen down to 50% brightness, and be done with it.
Abstinence from consuming is far better than needing to recycle.
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more