We've seen EMC and Dell looking to manage flash caches in application servers and contrasting this with NetApp's array controller Flash Cache strategy. Actually NetApp is involved with storage array management of flash caches in app servers - witness its Project Mercury presentation at the FAST '11 conference at San Jose in …
I might be missing something here...
So have we essentially re-invented server based write-through block level cacheing where a single server addresses the LUN?
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- IT MELTDOWN ruins Cyber Monday for RBS, Natwest customers
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle