We've seen EMC and Dell looking to manage flash caches in application servers and contrasting this with NetApp's array controller Flash Cache strategy. Actually NetApp is involved with storage array management of flash caches in app servers - witness its Project Mercury presentation at the FAST '11 conference at San Jose in …
I might be missing something here...
So have we essentially re-invented server based write-through block level cacheing where a single server addresses the LUN?
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers