Microsoft launched the Windows SDK for Kinect last night, granting developers an official tool for taking the motion sensor beyond the realm of Xbox gaming. The company promised to launch an SDK back in February, by which time, the developer community was already hacking Kinect for a range of wacky inventions, from search and …
I heard apple has created one call iKinect and they are going to sue Microsoft for stealing their idea
Looking at the dismal selection of Xbox jumping/waving games, it's clear this is just a press distraction to avoid anyone pointing out the obvious. That Kinect from a gaming perspective has been a massive disaster.
Quick make up some silly PC applications and let the media focus on that instead....
Better that than the coloured plastic cocks Sony makes you wave around...
Cross platform support
Go here for cross platform support and bindings for more than just MS Visual Studio, including python.
I can see that being useful...
...right up until Microsoft sues them into the ground and rips off their best ideas. That or uses them as an advertisement as to why they are more "interoperable" than anyone else.
Why can't they make a library that works with a few cheap webcams instead?
a rash of creepy porno-games.
The dirty mac.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars