Dell's head of global channels has conceded that it has some way to go yet before it can expunge conflict between resellers and its direct sales bods, but in the three years since it began a partner love-in there is less tension. Talking to The Reg following an EMEA Partner Advisory Council in Hamburg, Greg Davis, Dell veep and …
I often wonder ...
how business buyers have time to buy direct from Dell, wasting their time with Indian call-centre droids who listen to not a word that's said. Even speccing it up on the web and ordering it on the web doesn't seem to give total protection from these characters.
Resellers earn their money by dealing with the needless hassle.
The one thing that keeps resellers with Dell is that spare parts are available, which is more than can be said with many laptop manufacturers.
... I suppose when you're at the bottom of the barrel, you can only go up.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize