Dell's head of global channels has conceded that it has some way to go yet before it can expunge conflict between resellers and its direct sales bods, but in the three years since it began a partner love-in there is less tension. Talking to The Reg following an EMEA Partner Advisory Council in Hamburg, Greg Davis, Dell veep and …
I often wonder ...
how business buyers have time to buy direct from Dell, wasting their time with Indian call-centre droids who listen to not a word that's said. Even speccing it up on the web and ordering it on the web doesn't seem to give total protection from these characters.
Resellers earn their money by dealing with the needless hassle.
The one thing that keeps resellers with Dell is that spare parts are available, which is more than can be said with many laptop manufacturers.
... I suppose when you're at the bottom of the barrel, you can only go up.
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE