Quantum is buying virtual machine backup specialist Pancetera for a measly $12m. It's not even $12m cash as $3.6m of it is in the form of 1.2 million Quantum shares. What Quantum is buying is "a virtual appliance that can reduce virtual machine backup I/O load by up to 80 per cent, and lets sysadmins move virtual machine files …
I test-drove Pancetera, found it to be unimpressive. Maybe Quantum can do something useful with it, but more likely Pancetera will just be caught in Quantum's death spiral.
But the real questions is....
Why did they fail? Marketing not focused, sales execution?
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS hit Earth TWICE a YEAR
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor