Quantum is buying virtual machine backup specialist Pancetera for a measly $12m. It's not even $12m cash as $3.6m of it is in the form of 1.2 million Quantum shares. What Quantum is buying is "a virtual appliance that can reduce virtual machine backup I/O load by up to 80 per cent, and lets sysadmins move virtual machine files …
I test-drove Pancetera, found it to be unimpressive. Maybe Quantum can do something useful with it, but more likely Pancetera will just be caught in Quantum's death spiral.
But the real questions is....
Why did they fail? Marketing not focused, sales execution?
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…
- Lollipop unwrapped: Chromium WebView will update via Google Play