back to article Nokia takes the Facebook wall physical with NFC

Nokia's latest research video shows us how high-speed NFC could make physical walls as interactive as their Facebook equivalents, while Barclaycard has tweaked its TV advertising to include Orange. Video seems the medium of choice in showing us just how great NFC is, in case we've forgotten how much we're all dying to pay for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Let me get this straight:

So, let me get this straight:

Nokia wants to equip my phone with hardware to allow anything nearby to establish high-speed communications to my phone, including advertising built into walls, other phones, cash registers, etc.

Nokia wants me to use my phone to replace my money, credit cards, and other IDs - including in some cases replacing my keys to my car or my house.

Nokia wants to build phones based upon the Rock Of Gibraltar that is Windows.

No, I don't see what could possibly go wrong.

1. Craigness

On the other hand...

It looks like you're guaranteed a shag from Nokia thing and, whereas the "replace my money, credit cards" is Barclaycard rather than Nokia, you still get to look at pretty women shaving their legs and the attractive manageress will love that apple you got her. I can't see a downside.

2. Steve Evans

Curious...

The video seems to show a white N97 not only using NFC, but not crashing, throwing up weird errors or needing the battery pulled after attempting to perform a very basic function.

I wonder if they would be kind enough to share this magic firmware with those who were stupid/unfortunate enough to fall for the original marketing video and bought this damn lemon!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like