Many problems in IT can be put down to the simple but flawed assumption that resources are infinite. It is obviously wrong but we repeatedly see examples of where it leads: running out of storage (the technology equivalent of the wardrobe principle that if you have the space, you will fill it), running too many applications at …
asynchronous <> assymmetric
A connection that runs at different speeds for uploads v downloads is termed asymetric, not asynchronous. Hence ADSL is Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line.
An asynchronous 2M line
Presumably you do mean asymmetric, and even then that doesn't necessarily mean that the up rate is lower than the down rate, just that they are different.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS