Many problems in IT can be put down to the simple but flawed assumption that resources are infinite. It is obviously wrong but we repeatedly see examples of where it leads: running out of storage (the technology equivalent of the wardrobe principle that if you have the space, you will fill it), running too many applications at …
asynchronous <> assymmetric
A connection that runs at different speeds for uploads v downloads is termed asymetric, not asynchronous. Hence ADSL is Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line.
An asynchronous 2M line
Presumably you do mean asymmetric, and even then that doesn't necessarily mean that the up rate is lower than the down rate, just that they are different.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops