Niche supercomputer supplier Appro International has bagged the largest deal in its history, having won a massive contract from the US Department of Energy to supply up to 6 petaflops of raw computing power to three of its nuke labs for the next several years. Appro was not allowed to divulge the price tag on the clusters that …
"under $15,000 per teraflop"
About 100x cheaper to use PS3's then...
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads