Apple's developer-only pre-release version of iOS 5 contains tantalising references to future iPhones and iPads. Since iOS 5 launches to everyone in the autumn, some folk reckon that's when the new hardware will debut too. The references to the future iDevice model codes "iPad3,1", "iPad3,2", "iPhone4,1" and "iPhone4,2" are …
I don't understand why this is news... until there are some firm specifications or announcements it seems like a non-story to me, regardless of the fruit content.
What he said ↑
Yes, I'm a fruit lover too. But come on now..
"Apple probably have plans to release an updated version of an iDevice?"
Hardly surprising and/or interesting.
iPad and iPhone product lines not yet to be phased out!
More details at 11.
Maybe the Reg could start a section URL'ed /MacRumours for all of these stories. Or, to save time, just point at that site.
Slow News day then?
After all the iCloud, IOS5 and Microsoft's Verbal diarrhea all the hacks must be suffering from Withdrawal symptoms.
In order to get their fix of self congratulations they come up with a load of startingly obvious articles.
This is one.
No bookie would give to odds at all if you went and asked them if you could placea bet on Apple NOT releasing a new version of iPhone & iPad in the lifetime of IOS5.
Come on el Reg. This is really plumbing new depths of <insert you own sweary word here>.
FAIL. Must do better
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs