back to article Aliph Jawbone Era motion sensing Bluetooth headset

Hands-free connections for mobile phones have come a long way from wired earpiece-and-microphone combos. Mind you, it’s still a comic pleasure to see people using these as they hold the microphone near their mouths just to be sure. The arrival of Bluetooth nixed the cables but created problems of connectivity, complicated set-up …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Boffin

Still stuffing it in your ear?

Bone conduction for both incoming and outgoing signals seems to be a better option. So-called "bonephones" even allow you to wear earplugs without affecting the headphones, a must for trackdays and useful for noisy datacenters.

2. DannyAston
    Thumb Up

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

Very impressed with the device, although the shake to pair is more then 4 times, you need to shake for about 15 seconds!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wear a bluetooth earpiece

and you're guaranteed to look a prick. 100% OF FACT.

4. Carl W
    WTF?

Bigger than the ICON?

This looks a fair bit bigger than its predecessor the ICON (my third Jawbone headset). Is it just an illusion or does the motion-sensitive gubbins take up the extra space?

5. Jan 0 Silver badge

Yes, but

is there still a Hello Kitty version?

6. nyelvmark
    Childcatcher

David

I'd be happy to see you using this device when it can drive the car for you while you fumble in the glovebox for the cigar-lighter charger, or look up a name on the phone (yes, even with voice - that takes a lot of concentration) whilst changing lanes on the M4.

Petrolheads, eh? When the only tool you have is horsepower, every problem looks the same - More POWER, Igor!

7. Nick

Skype?

I was disappointed to find that there were no proper drivers for Windows, so my old Jawbone couldn't be used for PC VoIP.

I wonder if this is still the case?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like