The office of Canada's Prime Minister has rushed to set the record straight after hackers defaced that country's Conservative Party website and planted a press release falsely claiming PM Stephen Harper had been flown to a hospital emergency room after choking on breakfast. “According to staff at the hospital, Harper was …
Funny thing is
Tory party CA gov't has essentially stonewalled the press regarding the hacks of sensitive gov't systems... but issued an immediate press release stating that Harper is OK, did not choke on his breakfast.
If Harper had been told that the cook who prepared the hash browns voted Liberal, then he likely would have actually choked and needed medical help. He's just that kind of guy.
Fooled the news
It was reported on the radio Tuesday morning, followed by a retraction a few hours later.
Very polite defacement, if you ask me
Speaking of hacking
have you seen Lulzsec's latest amusement? http://www.blackbergsecurity.us/
In a related story...
The web site of the American National Republican Party was defaced by hackers leaving the message "We're not all heartless, spineless, moral degenerates. Just most of us." Republican leaders immediately called for a declaration of war on New Zealand from whence the attack seemed to originate and discussed plans to invade Panama, "because it's closer". Security professionals from several countries were being consulted on how to remove the defacement, because no one had ever bothered to do a backup.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad