French supplier Scality has updated its RING software with a major release which proves, it claims, that object-based storage can be faster than SAN or NAS for unstructured data operations. Scality employs a ring structure of X86 server nodes that store objects, not files or blocks, and can operate in parallel. The company says …
What is an object?
Is this about object-oriented database storage, BLOBs, or something else?
Good point. What's the difference between an object and a file?
Except the only example given is that the object could be a full-length 3D movie.
Which is a file.
Abject marketing fail there - if you're going to make a big deal out of something, how about you tell us why we should care?
'Our ring is resilient and self-healing'
Thanks El Reg, for brightening my day before I go to work. Will send you bill for replacement keyboard...
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests