Nintendo has launched the eShop for 3DS, offering 3D versions of games from yesteryear, as well as movie trailers and details of upcoming releases. The eShop feature was originally planned for a release in May, but was pushed back to coincide with the company's press conference at E3 tomorrow. According to Nintendo UK's website …
Yay for overpriced games
They've pulled the £1 = $1 stunt, and (according to a couple of sites) the US store has far more titles as well.
Excitebike is worth about what they've charged for it, and led to me trying to work out how to delete it after about 10 minutes. Nothing else even looks remotely worth what they're charging.. £3.49 for an ancient gameboy game? WTF?
It's like the whole rise in cheap mobile gaming never happened in Nintendo-land. Can't see myself buying anything from that store.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know