Could Dell be readying a bid for Brocade and its networking business? US media outlets such as Barrons are reporting a Canaccord Genuity analyst's note saying Dell could and should buy Brocade. Brocade dominates the Fibre Channel storage networking business and has an Ethernet business courtesy of its Foundry acquisition. Dell …
.... how many Brocade shares does (alledgedly) Mansky need to shift?
Seeing as many other vendors with bigger pockets (IBM and hp, or even Snoreacle) also use lots of Brocade kit, even if Brocade were truly a Dell target it is highly likely that Dell would lose a bidding war (remember 3PAR and Netezza).
Yeah, it does not make too much sense to me either for its projected price. Dell should definitely start to clean up its networking lineup and I know storage is all the rage at Dell nowadays but I think Brocade is just too expensive for its limited portfolio.
I think they're still gutted that HP beat them to the 3PAR acquisition and will buy anything they can. Face it Dell - you're just a bunch of guys who sell on discount not value. I worked their for two years and speak from experience.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?